What we do
Damhsa produce and direct high end corporate shows in Ireland and throughout Europe providing our clients with professional Irish dancers, musicians and singers.
Damhsa which was established in 2001 is managed by Jim Murrihy and Aisling McCabe both former lead dancers and dance captains of Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance.
Experts in the field of Irish Dance; Our extensive network of performers enables us to cast the top performers from Ireland’s brand leading commercial dance shows as well as drawing on Irelands undiscovered traditional dance community to form a diverse, professional and highly talented company.
DAMHSA (pronounced dow-sa) means ‘Dance’ in our native Irish language
- Professional and experienced management team!
- We produce and direct high-end corporate shows in ireland and throughout Europe
- We have created show formats that can be adapted for any stage, venue or location!
- We only contract professional and highly experienced artists.
Between us we have over 30 years experience in performance, choreography, artistic direction and management. We can adapt any show format to suit your event requirements, stage dimensions or budget.
We manage our artist’s onsite at every performance providing a level of comfort to our clients that sets us apart from our competitors.
We have access to Ireland’s top Audiovisual companies for sound engineers, lighting directors and PA or microphone hire.
No event is the same so we take the time to meet our clients in person to discuss their individual ideas and requirements to give them the best show option available.
We also work with companies to provide team building opportunities through dance lessons & workshops, ceili events, flashmobs or whatever idea they decide to have involving Irish dance and music.
Contact DAMHSA now to discuss your event performance!
Afterlife fuses Irish, hip-hop and street dance styles to modern day music. Afterlife is the newest group to take the corporate event market by storm! AfterLife is based upon the concept that Irish dancing is an ever-evolving art form.
Produced and managed by DAMHSA, ‘Belvedere Irish Nights’ is a high energy show that gives a flavour of the different styles of Irish dance along with ballads and songs performed by award winning Irish musicians and features musical arrangements and compositions by Anthony Davis.
Damhsa Juniors have performed on RTE’s iconic Late Late Toy Show in December 2012. Over the past year they have performed at numerous corporate events such as the Irish Bar Association Conference held at the RDS, Dublin and The Shelbourne Hotel & Powerscourt House as guard of honour for guests on arrival.
watch damhsa live
Event Industry Awards 2016
- I have had the great pleasure of collaborating with DAMSHA for almost a decade; every time, every event, no matter how big or small the occasion, they bring an exceptional level of quality to the stage. Their professional dancers, musicians and choreographers are dedicated to the client and their level of delivery is second to none. Both on and off stage, Damhsa and their team are truly enjoyable to work with. They are creative and practical in equal measure; they adapt to the surroundings easily and their unique music compositions of traditional and contemporary blends are powerful and support the dancers' expertise perfectly. If you are seeking 'professional performance perfection' DAMSHA is the solution. Susie Sheil, Managing Director, Sheil Entertainment Agency
- When we decided to create our Belvedere Irish Night, our vision was to create a company image and a unique show that didn't look like everybody else's. We have been extremely impressed with the level of service and professionalism received from Damhsa. From our initial meeting, Damhsa took our ideas on board, listened to our exact requirements, offered brilliant suggestions and created an exceptional show which we are very proud of! All of the dancers and musicians are highly talented and very professional. Our Guests always tell us how much they love the show, the energy from the dancers and how the cast include audience members and involve everyone in the night. I would like to THANK Damhsa for all their hard work and we look forward to a long continued partnership in the future. Cathal O'Donohoe General Manager Belvedere Hotel
- I would like to thank Damhsa for an absolutely fabulous performance. You brought entertainment to a new level, show casing the traditional Irish dancing in a very fun and different manner. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the performance, which you could see by their response as they couldn't stay in their seats with the excitement of their clapping and cheering. Thanks again and I really look forward to working with you again in the near future. Best Regards , Laoura Salveta Shionogi Pharma Inc (formerly Sciele Pharma, Inc.)
- On behalf of the Irish Club of Belgium, I would like to offer my congratulations and thanks to“Damhsa”. On the 16th March 2013 the troupe came to Brussels to perform at the St.Patrick’s Day Ball. This St.Patrick’s Day was special here in Brussels as Ireland was in the middle of its Presidency of the Council of the European Union, so, to celebrate the Presidency, the Ball was held at the Concert Noble, a prestigious venue in the centre of Brussels. “Damhsa” treated our 400 hundred guests to an absolutely spectacular show of dance and music. I would like to commend “Damhsa” for their professionalism. It is a true pleasure to work with them and I would personally recommend them to any event organiser who wishes to stage a show, no matter who the audience are. In our case, “Damhsa” had an audience of Ambassadors, Commissioners, guests from 24 countries around the world and the Irish in Belgium. Of course, The Irish Club and “Damhsa” are old friends! We have been honoured with their presence for the last 9 years and in 2014, “Damhsa” and the Irish Club will celebrate 10 years of a happy and successful partnership. On a personal note, I offer my sincere thanks to Damhsa. They, without doubt, are most talented choreographers and fantastic managers with wonderful management skills. Without “Damhsa”, the St.Patrick’s Day Ball in Brussels would not be the success it is. With Regards Ann Douglas, President ICB www.irishclub.be
- For the past nine years, Damhsa have performed at the annual RCSI Graduation Ball. They have shone on every occasion to the great delight of our staff, students and guests. Their vibrant, dynamic and highly skilful dance routines are simply brilliant, and we always receive the most positive feedback about Damhsa's performance. Every year, our graduating students specifically request the 'Irish Dancers' to perform at their Graduation. Our Graduation Ball would simply not be the same without Damhsa. Thank you once again for another year of wonderful entertainment. We look forward to more of the same next year. www.rcsi.ie
- Please install the oAuth Twitter Feed Plugin and follow the theme documentation to set it up.